Monday, October 18, 2010

¿QUE DIA ES?

Yesterday was domingo and it must have been a día festivo because the whole center of the city was filled with loudspeakers, singers, dancers, and other sorts of entertainers. My cuñada is going to be very disappointed in me because I have no idea what the big deal was.

Our plan was to go to part 1 in a French film series.

We had an early dinner because the film started at 6:30.

On the way there we passed at least 3 groups of dancing people dressed up like "indios":

They seemed to be imitating this guy:

But best of all, on the way home from the movie, we watched the Sunday evening dancing in the Jardin Zenea.

A live band. Older couples, some dressed up, some not, tripping the light fantastic. The caballeros, especially, are displaying their dignidad and ritmo. What more could a woman want?

¡Dios mío! As I write this, I hear drum beats. I look out the window and the faux "indios" are passing by our window. I guess there will be more celebrating tonight.

1 comment:

  1. sounds and looks like a most enjoyable evening. nights are getting kind of cold up here! i keep thinking of you in your tee shirts and shorts. with a little effort,i think you're going to get used to it!

    ReplyDelete