Thursday, October 21, 2010

¿QUE ES ESO?

What is that? There's a store close to the market that sells cheese, chips, cold cuts, etc. It looks a little like a deli and it's always very busy, so I figured there are some good things there. I looked in from the outside and saw products listed on the wall. On the left, cheese. I knew what a lot of them were. On the right, a lot of different kinds of jamón (ham). I didn't know what any of them were.

I love porky products, so I told el sr. Jubilado that I was just going to order each one, at different times, of course. So I ordered 200 gramos of queso de Oaxaca (cheese from Oaxaca) and 200 gramos of jamón de pierna (ham from the leg). For those of you unfamiliar with using the metric system to buy stuff, there are 2.2 lbs. to the kilo (1000 gramos). So 200 gramos is a little less than 1/2 lb. We also got the totopos (chips made from thick corn tortillas) there.

The ham looks like pressed ham, but it tastes good. The cheese is only good for melting--it's pretty tasteless. The totopos will be good with guacamole and pico de gallo.

Onward and upward.

No comments:

Post a Comment