Friday, December 16, 2011

ARANAS Y LOS ARBOLES

That big circle in the middle seems to be the mother spider who has given birth to many babies on the wall of our casita:


Meanwhile, at the new casa I have been pruning the overgrown, amazingly productive lime tree in the patio.  I've discovered that I'm no longer comfortable climbing a ladder onto a roof, not to mention climbing down.  Ah. . . some of my happiest moments were on the roof in Creedmoor, NC.

And then there's the flamboyantly flowering tree in the back yard, which we think is a type of bougainvillea:


I got a hoe and took out all the wire grass around it.  For some reason the previous owners thought that grass was attractive.  It is probably a good variety for this climate (slow-growing, drought- and sun-tolerant), but who needs grass, especially this insidious kind?


There are lots of bricks and stones around the property.  I can't wait to make a path or two.  Or three.  Or four.  Easier than building a pyramid.


I also took great pleasure in pruning this tree.  Here are the remains of the day:

No comments:

Post a Comment