Wednesday, February 2, 2011

SECRETOS DE UN MATRIMONIO

Yesterday at 5:00 we went here, two blocks from our house, to see Scenes from a Marriage (1973), in Swedish with Spanish subtitles.  Sometimes the sound went out and I realized that even though I didn't understand a word they were saying, I needed the sound to enjoy the film.  Strange, huh.

 Both the marriage and the movie seemed interminable, but weren't, with lots of 1970s-style criticism of bourgeois lifestyles, boring jobs, family obligations, male entitlement, etc.  But I must say that Liv Ullmann was a delight to look at, fleshy but not fat, with the whitest skin I've seen in a long time.


I wonder what she looks like today.  Let's Google her and see:


Hmmmm. . . .

Here's day two of the project on the Andador.  They built a plinth.  Lots of concrete and re-bar.  Our neighbor, Rocio, said that it's going to be a monument in honor of Venustiano Carranza, hero of the Revolution and the source for our eponymous address.  It will also, conveniently and purposefully, block any motor vehicle from violating our walkway.  I'll keep posting progress reports.

No comments:

Post a Comment