Sunday, May 8, 2011

¡LLUVIA! Y UNAS COMPRAS

It rained last night!  For about a half hour.  Here's a puddle trying to go down the drain.  Notice how dirty it is.


That's because there is a drain pipe and a downspout (see below) dumping the rain from the dirty roof onto our patio.



To celebrate the rainfall and Mother's Day we went shopping.  I know I'm supposed to have downsized, but I'm sick of wearing the same pair of sneakers with socks every day.  I wanted sandals!  We went to several shoe stores (they are legion here) only to find that they had nothing or next to nothing in a size 9 (27 Mexican size; 40 European size).  I'm a gringa yeti.  So I started looking a men's sandals and I found a dandy pair, size 26.  Very comfortable and no more socks.


Today we also went to market and I saw these green garbanzos that Mimi had inquired about but not bought when she was here.  I got some and I chose limón instead of chile for a topping.  They're good.


I really don't believe buying pirated movies is ethical.  But we have no way to rent movies here and we love watching them.  Javier was hanging up right in front of my face.  I asked the young salesman how much?  He said 20 pesos for one, 4 for 100 pesos.  Huh?  I had to ask again, thinking my ears had deceived me.  He said the same thing.  Guess math was not his forte.  We bought just this one, the better deal.  The less you buy, the more you save.  Words to live by.

No comments:

Post a Comment