Monday, May 16, 2011

SILLAS BARATAS Y FEAS

I decided to do something about our cheap, ugly chairs.  Filet crochet.




After finishing one with this abstract design, I got the idea of doing the others as a homage to revolutionary women.  "Why pass up the chance to be didactic during dinner?" comments el sr J.

In case you can't recognize it, this is an "A" in a "circle:"  the anarchist symbol.  Appropriately, it's a little out of control.  The seat's not quite done yet.


From the left down, you may be able to make out "Emma Goldman."  El sr J has been critical of the quality of the letters.  In his heart he probably wanted me to do "Sasha Berkman" instead.



I think the next one will be Sojourner Truth although I won't have room for Sojourner so it'll be S. Truth on one side, and "Ain't I a 

on the other side.

Any suggestions for the other three chairs?  Some of those revolutionary women from the 60s and 70s are almost forgotten.



2 comments:

  1. Twiggy!
    Squeaky from?
    Imelda Marcos.
    Patty Hearst
    Marcia Brady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gloria Steinem
    Amelia Earhart
    Georgia O'Keeffe...

    ReplyDelete