Saturday, November 13, 2010

LA CENA

What's for dinner? Last night, camarones. See those shrimp heads? El sr J. shelled the shrimp and left the heads on. Then sauteed them in olive oil with a garlic, oregano, and white wine sauce and served them over pasta. They were delicious.

Tonight we had steak. 5 puntos for telling me what kind (I don't know the answer). At market I pointed to what I thought was steak, verified that it was res, and indicated with thumb and index finger how thick I wanted it. Marinated overnight in red wine, garlic, and pineapple juice and cooked medium rare on the griddle with coarse sea salt and black pepper, it was good also.



1 comment:

  1. surf and turf.

    now is that pan integral something like my multigrain? it looks mighty familiar! wonder if it's sourdough.

    ReplyDelete