Monday, July 9, 2012

ERLUM

To celebrate an occasion that arrives with unwelcome regularity, el sr J made a surprise (for me) reservation at Erlum (pronounced "heirloom" for non-Spanish-speaking readers), located on Arteaga between Guerrero and Allende (for local readers and eaters).


We sat outside on the patio:


The dinner menu:


Alcoholic drinks:


A nice wine list, all Mexican:


El sr J chose this cabernet from Baja:


My ensalada jitomate:


El sr J's vichyssoise:


His filet mignon:


My pulpo a la plancha:


Champagne with the cheese plate:


An excellent place to eat, Erlum is relatively new on the local gustatory scene.  The young couple who run the place are trying to specialize in locally produced stuff, an effort worth supporting.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I know...you were celebrating the election, right? I heard they had one!

    ReplyDelete