Wednesday, July 18, 2012

TORONJA, ETC.

I wanted to write "toronjo," because in other parts of the Spanish-speaking world, "toronjo" would be the tree and "toronja" the grapefruit.  Here they're both "toronja."  Anyway, I'm ecstatic to have one:


With two big grapefruit on it.  I never saw a grapefruit tree loaded with fruit until I moved here.  They are amazing-looking to me:


El sr J walked to the viveros/nursery yesterday, about 3 kilometers, because he wanted to buy six grape vines to climb up the back wall.  They only had two--who knows what variety because they don't distinguish--but they're purple, so that narrows it down:


We had asked about grapefruit trees twice before when we were there, and the guy said both times they'd be in on Wednesday.  It became a joke with us.  But, lo and behold, he had them this time and it was Tuesday!

El sr J also bought some groundcover, rocio, or aptenia cordifolia:



The back yard is shaping up.





No comments:

Post a Comment